Sunday, May 17, 2009

Belgian White and my first wine (in a long time)

I just kegged my third or fourth Belgian style white beer, and I'm pretty happy with it and with being able to make it pretty consistent. The amount of trub I had in secondary was kind of mind boggling though, like, almost two inches.

I just pitched my first yeast starter, to a Belgian style golden ale. I've never seen an airlock spit out water like that before.

I just started up an expired red wine kit. This is going to be my first wine since the very first time I ever fermented. Hopefully it'll be a step up from EBT purchased grape juice concentrate, Poland Springs jug swiped from an office, and extra sugar from Dunkin Donuts sugar packs. I do have to thank my perennially homeless couchsurfing friend's foodstamps for my current interest in brewing, because at the time, we just thought it would be funny to sidestep that whole "you can't buy alcohol with foodstamps" thing.

No comments: